There has been an enormous amount of hype in the media and all-over the net in regards to detoxing the human body, especially with that of the lemon detox diet. Furthermore, none of the products or advertisements on the market could compare to that of the lemon detox diets you hear about so often. Why are these lemon detox diets so popular? The reason is very clear. Lemon is an inexpensive and easy accessible citrus fruit that has powerful components that naturally cleanse and detox the body.
What’s more, those using this method of detoxing have noticed the added benefit of losing weight. This makes it even more of an asset with today’s economy, the expense, and the inconvenience of weight-loss products and cleansing products which are often ineffective and yet overrated.
Here are some of the other benefits of the lemon detox diet:
- Immune System Booster – Lemon juice contains powerful antioxidants, and scientific studies have shown the impressive potential of antioxidants in fighting illness, disease and some forms of cancer.
- Increase in Concentration – Natural components in lemon juice have proven to aid in concentration and focus, supporting functions in the brain. Further, the onset of Alzheimer’s and Dementia can be diminished through a lifestyle that incorporates a lemon detox diet.
- Balancing of Blood Sugar Levels – Lemon juice consumption and detox has been associated with positive effects on glucose levels and blood sugar levels in the body. This decreases appetite, lowers the chance of diabetes, and aids in improving energy levels while increasing metabolism.
- Suppressing Appetite – When drinking lemon juice and water, the stomach tends to feel “full,” suppressing the appetite and enabling weight loss.
- Flushing of Kidneys and Liver – Lemon juice is a diuretic. This makes it important for optimal liver and kidney health while clearing out the urinary tract. By drinking lemon juice, you will better your liver and kidneys consistently and you’ll reap the added benefits of a happier and healthier body.
- Digestion Aid – Some people believe that lemon detox irritates the digestive system, but on the contrary, many cases studies have shown that lemon juice can reverse and aid indigestion. It has been linked to reducing the symptoms of GERD, IBS and other digestive ailments.
You need only read headline after headline to see that the lemon detox diet has become a must for a natural and healthier lifestyle. The added benefits are many, and you have nothing to lose (other than some excess weight and body impurities!).
Do some research before picking a lemon detox diet that feels right to you. There are, literally, thousands of products on the market, not all of the same quality and value – find one that will walk you through the detox phase and that provides you clear detailed instructions that you can use for the rest of your life.
I’ve been using the lemon juice and water diet myself as part of my own simple and hassle-free detoxification. I can tell you that I am feeling great and I’ve shed some pounds. Good luck with your own lemon juice and detox diet!